Sunday, March 14, 2010

my wallet

wallets.

whether it be a bifold, trifold, or a money clip, wallets come limitless varieties. so what does your wallet mean to you? you might be the type to have three different wallets for everyday use, or the type that always needs a new, better wallet.

me? I just stick to my old trusty wallet. The same one I've had for over 4 years. Sure, it may be worn down, ripped in several places, but it fits perfectly in my left pocket. I've had the liberty to try almost every single wallet, but they're nothing compared to MY wallet. The gift cards, credit cards, debit cards, driver's license, and special keepsakes just don't fit in the same places as they would in my trusty wallet. Everything is just out of order, not to mention that it'll just feel awkward in my pocket.

my wallet is special. I remember the first bills I spent with it. I remember the first credit and debit cards I put in it. I remember the first time I got it dirty with ketchup. I remember the first time I tried replacing it. I remember the time I lost it. And I still remember all the times I could always count on my wallet to be in my left pocket; right where I left it. This wallet... oh boy, the good times and the bad times. We went through it all.

At the end of the day, we all see good wallets and bad wallets, we all see expensive wallets and cheap wallets, and we can all hopefully see the one wallet we wish to keep. The familiar feel of it against your hand... the way you can always get your wallet out without having to look. It's as if your wallet belongs in your pocket, and yours only. That's what keeps my wallet close to me. It belongs with me, as there will only be one trusty wallet. Forget the imitations and the fakes. Be happy with your wallet, even if sometimes the change falls out or the receipts blow out. Don't forget what it's good at. Don't forget those memorable moments. As for me, I love my wallet. I'll keep it safe in my left pocket as long as I can.

No comments: