Monday, November 2, 2009

blind spot



"As many times as I blink I'll think of you... tonight.

I'll think of you tonight.

When violet eyes get brighter,
And heavy wings grow lighter,
I'll taste the sky and feel alive again.
And I'll forget the world that I knew,
But I swear I won't forget you,
Oh if my voice could reach back through the past,
I'd whisper in your ear,
Oh darling I wish you were here."

Owl City - Vanilla Twilight

There's something here... definitely something. Even when there's nothing left, absolutely nothing in sight, what is it that continues after everything else is gone?

Hmm... I think something beyond the tangible. You're not alone. Open your mind and see...

After all, it's all a race... a race without a destination. A race with struggles, hardships, and the occasional glimpse of the finish line. It's never a sprint in the beginning and it's never a trudge to the end. It's all about pacing. It's taking as much as you can while giving as much as you can. The endurance. The stamina. The integrity. This race has no destination, oh no... it sure doesn't.

It's only called a race because if we can't keep up with ourselves, we'll be disqualified. We can't quit when our body tells us to quit and we most certainly can't quit when we get tired. The show must go on. MUST. We can't just give up when there's no more track to run... we must improvise. I must improvise. I'll swim, bike, jump, hell, even fly... as long as I'm getting closer to the ultimate goal.

What if there's no swimming pool? No bike? No nothing? Well, there's no way a lack of something is going to dissuade me. We make it happen. We take what we are given and what we aren't given and make the best of it.

There's a finish line somewhere... and I've got my lucky sneakers on.

Bring it on.

No comments: